Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mrs. Lipton's most excellent cherry cake

I read the original recipe on this great blog called mandulasarok,  and I was over the moon back then to have this recipe and I decided that I MUST make it once. As a true You rang, mylord? fan it was one of the most important moments of my life when I could finally experience what Mrs. Lipton's most excellent cherry cake could have tasted like. The answer is easy: delicious. It's crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, but I could have used more cherries because as Ivy once said, those are the best parts. 


 Ingredients:
  • 20 dkgs of butter
  • 20 dkgs of sugar
  • 4 eggs 
  • 20 dkgs of flour
  • half a teaspoon of baking soda
  • 10 dkgs of grated almonds
  • 250 dkgs of sour cherries
  • 2 tbslpoons of brown sugar


Stir the soft butter with the sugar until it's fluffy and add the eggs too, one after the other, and keep stiring it meanwhile. Then add the flour and the almonds too, give it a good stir, then add the cherries without the seeds. Put it in the preheated oven at 180 deg Celsius for an hour.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for publishing this! After watching all of You Rang, M'Lord, I too, wanted to taste Mrs. Lipton's Most Excellent Cherry Cake. I decided to type it into Google, click I'm feeling lucky, and presto, there it was! My appreciation to krasziboszi and gastro-love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Although from the looks of it we can feel safe to double or triple the cherries!

    I Google cherry cake now and I get this dyed nonsense.

    I love most excellent You Rang M'Lord!

    ReplyDelete