Thursday, September 27, 2012

Swiss roll in half an hour


On my granny's request I made a swiss roll today instead of a punch cake, now that I have some free time I can spend in the kitchen. (This doesn't mean of course, that I will give up on my plans of making a traditional sticky punch cake with pink icing on the top:) The good thing about a swiss roll is that it can really be done in half an hour and you don't need a whole lot of ingredients either.The even better thing about this swiss roll is that I used my home made spicy plum jam with cinnamon and red wine.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cold eggs
  • 3 tablespoons of caster sugar
  • 1 coffee spoon of vanilia extract or flavour
  • 10 dkgs of plain flour
  • jam


Separate the 4 eggs. Put the whites into a bigger bowl and start whipping them while you add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time. You have to whip it until it gets solid and very white. Then you can add the yolks and the sifted flour. You have to carefully mix it together strictly with a spoon until it becomes homogenous. Line some baking paper onto a bigger baking pan and spread the mixture evenly on the baking paper. Put it in the oven at 160 deg Celsius for about 15 minutes. It doesn't take long to get ready so be careful. You can take it out once the top gets a light golden colour. While it's still warm, put the sponge cake on a wet dish towel and roll it up and leave it like that until it cools down. Then you can roll it out and remove the baking paper. Spread the jam on the inside and roll it up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment